Many kids love a big blob of tomato ketchup on their burger, or in a little dish to dip their fries in to. There is, however, a downside to tomato ketchup – the stains. Tomato sauces have a very deep, rich red colour that can wreak havoc on white clothing, but with these ketchup stain removal strategies, you could remove them in no time!
How to Remove Ketchup Stains
If the clothing that you’ve stained can be washed in the washing machine then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. In fact, removing ketchup stains isn’t actually any more difficult than removing any other type of stain. For quick and simple stain removal, follow this step-by-step guide on how to remove ketchup stains from clothes:
- First, remove any excess ketchup gently before continuing – use a clean cloth, or flush it with cool water.
- Then, check the care label of your garment for advice on how to wash it. If it says ‘dry clean only’, you’ll need to take it into the dry cleaners.
- If you’re pressed for time, you could just pop the clothing in the wash with a good detergent such as Breeze with ActivBleach – it’s great for removing tough stains.
- You can also pre-treat the ketchup stain – rub a little into the fabric with a damp cloth and blot to remove.
- Then, wash as normal for best results.
Now you know how to remove a ketchup stain, you and your kids can enjoy a big dollop of tomato sauce with your dinner without fear of any spillages!