The best housework is the kind that doesn’t take up your entire afternoon, so it really pays to have a few timesaving hacks under your belt. Read on to discover our favourite time-saving tips for folding clothes!
Has your lifestyle during the Covid-19 lockdown affected the type of stains you get on your clothes?
Speed is of the essence when folding clothes
Folding laundry is a task best done as soon as the dryer finishes, or when your clothes are fresh off the line or drying rack. This is because the clothes have not been left to get creased or wrinkled, so you may not need to iron them before folding them.
How to fold clothes the right way
When it comes to folding clothes quickly and effectively, it’s good practice to lay the item out flat, smooth out the creases and fold inwards from the seams. Using fabric conditioner in your wash can even help to remove creases and make any ironing easier too!
How to fold a shirt like a pro
Want to know how to fold a shirt correctly? These four steps will get your shirts and blouses looking crisp and clean in no time.
- Lay the shirt face down and flat out, sleeves extended and buttons fastened
- Hold the collar with one hand and fold one sleeve in towards the middle with your other hand until there’s a straight line down the side
- Repeat on the other sleeve to make a rectangle
- Bring the top of the collar and bottom of the shirt together and turn over
The best way to fold pants and stop wrinkles
As with shirts, learning how to fold pants properly will lessen the amount of work you have to do. Just follow these three simple steps:
- Hold the belt loops closest to the zip or buttons together and draw out the waist. This will help line up the trouser hems
- Fold the legs together before folding them in half
- Drape the trouser legs over a hanger and you won’t have to worry about creases – hanging always helps preserve the results of folding laundry
Taking a few minutes practicing how to fold a shirt and how to fold pants neatly will certainly save you time in the long run. Why not give it a try?