With so many opportunities for dirt and mould to linger, bathroom cleaning on a regular basis is important. If you’re short of time, follow our essential 10 steps to cleaning a bathroom to make sure you don’t miss any important spots during your quick weekly clean.
How to Clean a Bathroom in 20 Minutes
Have your bathroom gleaming in no time by following these essential bathroom cleaning tips. This 10-step clean should even be quick enough to squeeze in before the school run, or just after you get back from a busy day at work, so read on to find out how to clean a bathroom in just 20 minutes.
- Lift the toilet seat and squirt toilet disinfectant or bleach like Domestos Original Bleach around the rim and sides. Use a toilet brush to spread the liquid around the bowl, scrubbing as you go. Set the brush aside and leave the disinfectant to work for a couple of minutes.
- Put on a pair of rubber gloves and spritz the toilet surfaces, including the outer areas, both sides of the lid and the top and bottom of the seat with a good antibacterial cleaner like Jif. Wipe with a disposable cloth or paper towel.
- Give the bowl of the toilet a second scrub with the brush, paying extra attention to the underside of the rim and down into the u-bend, before flushing the toilet.
- Remove soap scum, watermarks and limescale from the sink, bathtub, shower base, tiles and shower screen using your multipurpose spray and a cloth.
- One of our favourite tips for cleaning the bathroom is to pay extra attention to the limescale around the taps, plugs and the showerhead by using a creamy cleaner like the original Jif. Leave it to sink in for a few minutes and wipe clean to instantly lift the appearance of the room.
- For extra shine, buff metal with a dry towel or microfiber cloth.
- Spritz the mirror with glass cleaner and wipe with a dry paper towel if the mirror is dirty, or simply polish with a microfiber cloth to remove any small smudges.
- Mop the floor using soapy bleach water or disposable floor wipes for a more convenient option. Remember to follow all safety advice with bleach by only using it diluted with water and keeping the area well ventilated. You should check bleach is safe to use on your flooring first before trying this method.
- Replace bathroom products and put out some fresh, clean towels. Many tips for bathroom cleaning recommend you replace towels regularly – around once per week.
- Stand back and admire your gleaming handiwork!
You should be able to maintain a shiny and fresh bathroom month-round by following these simple steps once a week.