When you have children, their pushchair goes through the mill, especially if the weather is wet. From crumbs dropped inside to riding through muddy puddles, there are so many things that can cause you to need to clean your pram. Here you will discover how to clean a buggy from the chassis to the fabric so that you can help it last for as long as possible.
How to clean pram wheels
When it comes to buggy-cleaning, you need to pay special attention to the wheels as they run over stones, wet grass and so much more in their lifetime. Just like you would take extra car with your car wheels, you should do the same with your pram. There are three easy steps to cleaning buggy wheels:
- Use hot soapy water to scrub the tyres with a scrubbing brush to clean them, as well as wash the metal.
- For stubborn marks use germ busting products like Cif to give them a clean.
- Use water-displacing spray to polish the metal.
How to clean pram fabric
Knowing how to clean pram fabric is important, as this is the area your children are most likely to come into contact with. These top tips will help you get it ready to sit your little one back inside:
- Always check the label to see how it can be cleaned, as some should not be machine-washed or tumble-dried.
- Use a brush to clean off any stuck on dirt or crumbs.
- If the fabric and covers can be removed pop them inside the washing machine on a cool, gentle wash using baby safe detergents like Persil.
- Dry the fabrics in the sun, as UV rays are a natural stain remover and disinfectant.
- Use a disinfectant spray to freshen up and sanitize the fabric.
How to clean a pram hood
In the same way that you clean the pram fabric, a pram hood can sometimes be removed and popped into a wash. If this is not the case the following four steps will help you get it clean.
- Vacuum the fabric to collect any loose crumbs or dirt.
- Use warm, soapy water and a nail brush to clean off stains.
- If the hood is removable, and machine washable, pop it in the wash with the other fabrics.
- Reattach the hood and dry outside in the sun.
Now you can follow these easy buggy-cleaning tips so that you know how to clean a pram. This will help you to keep your pushchair in great condition, and get it ready to use the next time you need to make a trip out of the house with your little one.