Removing baby food stains from clothes isn’t always the most pleasant of tasks, but the good news is that it’s really easy and straightforward, and it takes very little time if you use the right cleaning products, that is. When it comes to your children, don’t waste time using products that may or may not work. Instead, bypass all those other options and go straight to something that guarantees full stain removal each and every time, like Persil small & mighty bio. As a busy mum, convenience is key. Here’s how to get baby food stains out:
Set-in baby food stains: A step-by-step guide
- Begin by gently scraping as much excess food off your baby’s clothes as possible. You may find using a spoon works best for this, but be careful with the motions and actions you use. Scraping sidewards along the material isn’t recommended – not only can you encourage the stain to spread, but you may also pull the fibres of the garment, and we all know that keeping baby clothes soft and comfortable is hugely important. Instead, try to gently scrape in an upward motion, away from the clothing.
- Soak the clothing in a bowl of cold water. You can do this for a few hours at least, but if you’ve discovered a stain in the evening, take advantage and leave the clothing to soak overnight. What this does is just soften the stain, and prevents it from drying out, which could make it much more difficult to remove. As the fabric absorbs water it tends to swell a little, opening the fibres up and encouraging the easy release of the food residues. Never soak in hot water as the heat could set the stain, making it a permanent fixture.
- You can also pre-treat the stain with Persil small & mighty bio – the Stain Eraser Ball makes it easy to pre-treat stains. Just follow the directions on the label.
- Pop the clothing into the washing machine with Persil small & mighty bio (make sure to read the directions on the label first, and to read the care label on the garment, too).
- Optional: you may also wish to add some fabric conditioner to your wash. Fabric conditioner helps to keep clothes soft, so is ideal for protecting delicate baby skin from irritation. Choose a gentle fabric conditioner like Comfort Pure.
Handy Hint: Keep your Persil small & mighty bio in a locked cupboard or drawer close to your washing machine (where your kids can’t reach). As you’re putting your baby’s clothes into the wash, inspect them thoroughly for any signs of baby food stains – be sure to look at socks, sleeves, cuffs, and even inside the garments as they’ll get that stuff everywhere! If you notice a stain, you’ve got your pre-treatment product right there within arm’s reach. Remember – the quicker you tackle a stain the better.