When the laundry pile is getting overwhelming:
- If unsure which wash cycle to use, choose one with a lower temperature.
- Put anything delicate aside and wash by hand.
- Don’t overload the machine and use a detergent like Surf Laundry liquid, where you can always change the dosage depending on the size of your load
Avoid laundry mishaps by taking steps to eliminate these common problems.
- Pilling: Those annoying bobbles of fluff that gather on the surface of your favourite jumper, usually when you need it in a rush. Avoid this by washing clothes inside out on a delicate setting and add Comfort fabric conditioner. Remove the pilling by lifting it off with sticky tape wrapped around your hand (sticky side facing out).
- Greyness: To help white clothes regain their brightness, wash separately, with more Surf, and at a hotter temperature. For even better results, use Surf Classic Fresh White detergent.
- Shrinking: Dampen items that have shrunk and gently stretch them out. In future, wash these clothes on a gentle cycle at a lower temperature. If they are really delicate, it may be better to hand-wash them.
- Scratchy towels: They could need more rinsing, to be washed with more detergent or gentler drying. Soaking items in water softener may help, and add some Comfort fabric conditioner to every other wash to increase fluffiness.
- Too young for wrinkles: The washing is full of creases, which could mean you are washing at the wrong temperature or overloading the machine. Reducing the temperature, doing smaller loads and using the Synthetics setting may reduce wrinkles.
- White marks: Streaks can be a problem caused by hard water deposits. Wash the clothes again at a higher temperature and use the maximum recommended amount of Surf.
- Lost socks: The all too familiar dilemma. Before adding another sock to the odd-sock pile, check pillow cases and duvet covers as small items can slip inside.
- Dye running: Washing clothes of a similar colour together and at lower temperatures should minimise this. Wash dye-affected clothes again with similar colours.
How concerned are you about disinfecting while cleaning?