The kitchen sink is a central area in any home: you wash your hands, dishes, and even your fruit and vegetables in it. Making sure you clean your kitchen sink regularly is an easy way to keep this area hygienic and prevent rust and limescale but where do you start?
How concerned are you about disinfecting while cleaning?
- Coat the kitchen sink either in a layer of Cif or in a light dusting of baking soda.
- Leave to work for a minute or two, then rub gently.
- If using baking soda, spray some white vinegar on top and let it fizz.
- Wipe off the product and rinse the kitchen sink with cold water.
- Rub the sink with citrus peel to deodorise and add a little shine if you like.
How to clean a kitchen sink
Cleaning kitchen sinks doesn’t need to be difficult or take a long time. If you’re looking for the best way to clean a kitchen sink or wondering what to use to clean a kitchen sink and get rid of stains, then this simple sink cleaning guide is just what you need. Learn how to clean kitchen sinks and how to remove stains from kitchen sinks with one of our methods below.
How to clean a sink with Cif
- Put on a pair of gloves to protect your hands.
- Apply a little Cif to a sponge and spread the product throughout the sink.
- Leave it to work for a few minutes and then scrub the sink in circular motions.
- Spend a little extra time cleaning around the plughole. Don’t forget the tap(s) either.
- Wipe off the product with a damp sponge or cloth and rinse the sink.
- Dry the area with a clean cloth.
- For added shine, rub a little citrus peel over the area. It’ll help deodorise too.
How to clean a sink with baking powder and vinegar
- Sprinkle a light layer of baking soda over the sink.
- Use a sponge or cloth to gently rub it in, focusing on any stains.
- Spray the sink with white vinegar and watch it fizz with the baking soda.
- Rub the sink with a sponge again.
- Rinse off the baking soda and vinegar with cold water.
- Dry with a clean cloth.
- Use citrus peel to deodorise the sink and add shine by rubbing it over the surface.
How to clean a stainless steel sink
- Wear gloves to protect your hands.
- Avoid using strong chemicals like bleach or wire wool which may scratch the surface.
- Mix one part white vinegar and five parts water.
- Rub the mixture across the stainless steel using a soft microfibre cloth.
- The best way to clean stainless steel sinks stained with limescale is to leave a cloth soaked in the solution wrapped around the surface for around 1 hour. Learn more in our article on how to remove limescale from kettles, taps, and more.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Dry thoroughly.
Read our article on how to clean stainless steel sinks and appliances for more detail.
So, there you have it. Learning how to clean kitchen sink stains couldn’t be easier. Next time you’re cleaning the kitchen sink, remember to follow these steps to keep it looking, and smelling, fresh.