The secret to great toast is a clean toaster, but just how do you go about cleaning this kitchen essential? As an electrical item, there are certain precautions you need to take when you clean a toaster and we’ve put together this hand how-to guide to help you through it.
Taking your toaster from black and burnt to clean and fresh in seven easy steps, you’ll soon be the proud owner of a glistening toaster.
You will need:
- A soft toothbrush
- A sponge or microfiber cloth
- Washing up liquid or a multipurpose cleaning product like Cif.
- Nail varnish remover (if you have melted plastic to get rid of)
Is your toaster clean but plagued by some unsightly plastic melted onto the top? (We’ve all been a little eager to toast bread straight out of the bag). Just use a little nail polish remover on a cotton swab or cloth and rub it away! Always remember to test any cleaning method in a small area first, though.
- Wipe the outside of the toaster down with your sponge or microfiber cloth. Wipe dry, or allow it to air dry.
- Move your clean toaster back to its home in your kitchen and enjoy!
If you’re short for time, simply follow our quick video guide below on how to clean a toaster.
So, there you have it. If you’ve been asking “how do you clean the inside of a toaster?” or wondering what the best way to remove that melted plastic from the outside is, now you know.