Prevent smears when learning how to clean a black stove top with these tips:
- Use a cleaning microfibre cloth when wiping down the surface.
- Apply a smear-free glass cleaner after removing marks.
- Never clean a stove while it's hot.
Most of us have a kitchen cleaning schedule to clean our kitchens frequently, giving them a wipe down at least once a day and a full clean every week using Handy Andy. But how often do you clean your stove top? As a key spot for making food, this should be one of the most hygienic areas in the room, but a lot of people often overlook it when cleaning. To help you change that, we’ve put together a complete guide on how to clean a glass stove top with everything you need to know.
How do you know that the surfaces in your kitchen and bathroom have been disinfected?
Homemade methods for how to clean a stove top
When it comes to how to clean stubborn stains on a glass stove top, homemade methods are often a great choice. Here’s how to use white vinegar and baking soda for a sparklingly clean finish:
- Make sure the stove is completely cool before spraying with white vinegar and wiping with a damp cloth. This will remove any grease and loose dirt.
- Break down tough grime by sprinkling baking soda over the glass stove.
- Soak a towel in hot water before wringing it out and laying it over the stove. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Use the towel to wipe down the surface, focusing on any areas where the dirt is really stuck.
How to clean a black glass stove top
One of the biggest challenges with stove cleaning is how to clean a black stove top without leaving any water marks or smudges. It definitely requires some effort, but it can be done! Here are all the tips you need:
- After cleaning, apply a glass cleaner with a paper towel, following the instructions for a smear-free finish.
- Wipe the surface with a microfiber e-cloth to remove any smudges.
- Never clean when the stove is still warm – wait for it to be completely cool to prevent streaks.
- Use quality products, like Handy Andy, to make sure your stove is clean and streak-free.
How to clean gas stove burners
When it comes to how to clean a gas stove top with a glass finish, there are a few different things you have to remember. Firstly, always double-check the gas is off, and be careful with turning the knobs as you clean. You also need to remember to clean the burners with warm water and liquid detergent or baking soda, and scrub in all the little gaps with a toothbrush to remove built up dirt and grime.
Getting rid of mark on a glass top stove isn’t always the easiest job, but it needs to be done! Make sure the rest of your cooking area is hygienic by checking out how to clean your oven and ceramic or induction hobs for a kitchen that you can be proud to show off.