How to Clean A Microfibre Cloth
There are two methods you can use to give these handy cleaning tools a new lease of life.
Machine washing a microfibre cloth
- First, read the directions on the label or the packaging.
- Wash all microfibre cloths separately from other materials as the cloths tend to carry a large amount of dirt.
- Set your washing machine to 90 degrees. Washing microfibre cloths in hot water will deliver the best results and leave your cloths looking as good as new.
- Once the cycle has finished, hang to dry.
How to Clean a Microfibre Cloth by Hand
- Create a paste of baking soda and water.
- Dampen each cloth and begin by rubbing the paste onto the cloths.
- Allow the paste to sit for half an hour on the cloths. Baking soda absorbs any lingering odour and will also remove stains and dirt.
- Fill a medium-sized bucket with warm water and soap.
- Place the cloths in the bucket after half an hour and rub cloths gently to remove any remaining dirt.
- Rinse the cloths with water.
- Hang to dry.
Fortunately, cleaning toilet brushes, sponges and microfibre cloths doesn’t require much time or expense. Getting dirty toilet brushes back to their original condition is also simple and hassle-free. Best of all, these handy cleaning tools will perform even better next time you use them, leaving your whole home spic and span.
For more information on the ingredients in products mentioned in this tip, visit What’s in Unilever Products here.