We all need to know how to clean a toilet brush and toilet brush holder thoroughly and effectively: disinfecting these accessories is an essential part of ensuring your bathroom is as hygienic as possible.
Fortunately, cleaning a toilet brush and its holder is pretty simple, as household tasks go – and it’s a natural step to take after you’ve scrubbed the toilet bowl. So make sure you have a clean toilet brush with our comprehensive guide!
How to Clean a Toilet Bowl Brush Using Bleach
An efficient method is to soak the toilet brush in bleach. Before applying this technique, do remember to read the product label for application instructions, paying particular attention to any safety guidelines – bleach is a powerful product.
- Fill a bucket with hot water.
- Add two-three capsules of bleach (see the bottle label for advice on this).
- Put your toilet brush in the bucket and leave for an hour.
- Take the brush out and rinse under hot water.
- Once the toilet brush is dry, place it back in the holder.
- Bleach and hot water are key to cleaning a toilet brush
- Wear rubber gloves when using bleach
- You can use bleach or disinfectant spray for your toilet brush holder
How to Clean a Toilet Brush Holder
While your toilet brush is drying, now is the perfect time to get your toilet brush holder germ-free.
- Using a disinfectant spray like Domestos Bleach Spray, spritz the inside and outside of the toilet brush holder. Alternatively, soak it in a bleach solution for an hour as in the method above. Just remember to always follow the safety instructions on the product you use.
- Leave to drain off above the toilet bowl for 10 minutes.
- Rinse all over with boiling hot water.
- Dry the toilet bowl with a cloth or tissue.
- Place the toilet brush back in the holder.
It’s a good idea to clean your toilet brush and holder once a week to avoid a bacteria build up, or every other time you clean the toilet. Following these quick and easy methods will result in a clean and hygienic bathroom.
For more information on the ingredients in products mentioned in this tip, visit What’s in Unilever Products here.