We all need to know how to clean a toilet brush and toilet brush holder thoroughly and effectively: disinfecting these accessories is an essential part of ensuring your bathroom is as hygienic as possible.
Fortunately, cleaning a toilet brush and its holder is pretty simple, as household tasks go – and it’s a natural step to take after you’ve scrubbed the toilet bowl. So make sure you have a clean toilet brush with our comprehensive guide!
Has your cleaning regime changed during the Covid-19 lockdown?
How to Clean a Toilet Bowl Brush Using Bleach
An efficient method is to soak the toilet brush in bleach. Before applying this technique, do remember to read the product label for application instructions, paying particular attention to any safety guidelines – bleach is a powerful product.
- Rubber gloves (make sure to use a pair that you only use to clean the toilet or the bathroom – not a pair that you would use to do the dishes!)
- Bucket or container
- Fill a bucket with hot water.
- Add two-three capsules of bleach (see the bottle label for advice on this).
- Put your toilet brush in the bucket and leave for an hour.
- Take the brush out and rinse under hot water.
- Once the toilet brush is dry, place it back in the holder.
How to Clean a Toilet Brush Holder
While your toilet brush is drying, now is the perfect time to get your toilet brush holder germ-free.
- Using a disinfectant spray like Domestos Bleach Spray, spritz the inside and outside of the toilet brush holder. Alternatively, soak it in a bleach solution for an hour as in the method above. Just remember to always follow the safety instructions on the product you use.
- Leave to drain off above the toilet bowl for 10 minutes.
- Rinse all over with boiling hot water.
- Dry the toilet bowl with a cloth or tissue.
- Place the toilet brush back in the holder.
It’s a good idea to clean your toilet brush and holder once a week to avoid a bacteria build up, or every other time you clean the toilet. Following these quick and easy methods will result in a clean and hygienic bathroom.
Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.