- Always make sure your grill is off, unplugged, and cool before cleaning.
- For removable plates, use a dishwasher or soak in a bowl with washing-up liquid and water.
- For non-removable plates, use three layers of damp paper towels to lift the dirt and grime.
- Wipe clean with a damp sponge.
George Foremans are famously easy to cook with, but sometimes they can be slightly trickier to clean. Never fear, though; we’re here to show you how to clean a George Foreman grill! If you have other pans you need to clean, why not check out our article on how to remove grease from ovens and pans?
A step-by-step guide to cleaning a George Foreman grill
There are two key solutions to how to clean a George Foreman, depending on whether your grill has removable plates. Read on to discover the best way to clean a George Foreman grill.
Does your George Foreman have removable plates? Follow this simple guide:
- Turn off your grill, unplug it, and allow it to cool for around 15 minutes or longer if required.
- Remove the grill plates and place them on your kitchen counter.
- The easiest way to clean the plates is to pop them into a dishwasher.
- If you do not have a dishwasher, clean them by hand with the following steps:
- Make a solution of warm water and a few drops of washing-up liquid.
- Soak the grill plates in the soapy water.
- Keep them submerged in the soapy water for around 5 minutes.
- Scrub the plates with a sponge.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of soap.
5. Use a towel to dry the grill plates. Ensure they are fully dry before replacing them to prevent any excess water short-circuiting your George Foreman grill.
6. Put the plates back into place inside your George Foreman grill, ready to use again.
Are your George Foreman grill plates fixed in place? Use these steps to clean it:
- Turn off your grill, unplug it and allow it to cool until it is warm, but not hot. Not doing so could cause a fire.
- Pour grease out of the drip tray and wipe the area with a damp cloth or sponge.
- Add water to some paper towels and, once damp, place them onto the grill plates.
- Layer three paper towels onto each plate, as only one is ineffective.
- Close the grill.
- Allow the paper towels to absorb the grease.
- Once it has been lifted, you should be able to simply wipe away the grease and grime from the surface.
- Use a damp sponge to remove any dirt from the grill plates.
As you can see, learning how to clean a George Foreman grill is super simple, regardless of whether it has removable grill plates or not!