From a sunny afternoon through to an atmospheric dusk, your outside space provides the perfect setting for special occasions. Whether you’re planning a romantic meal for two or a big summer bash, why not make the most of your garden this year? If you like the idea of a garden party, we’ve put together tips on everything you need, from food safety outdoors to gorgeous garden décor ideas.
- Start with a big garden tidy-up
- Check for potential garden hazards and slippery ground
- Choose your favourite garden décor ideas
- Welcome your guests into your beautiful event space!
Get your garden tidy
Before you take your guests outside, you should always make sure that your garden is looking its best. That calls for a big garden tidy-up! Sweep away any old leaves and twigs, mow your lawn, and make sure that your patio floor is scrubbed clean of all dirt and grime. If you have any outdoor furniture already, don’t forget to give this a clean too, using Cif Cream Outdoor Cleaner.
Garden party decoration ideas
Now your garden’s looking clean and tidy, it’s time to start decorating! If you’re feeling stuck for inspiration, try these outdoor garden décor ideas to create a summery, magical atmosphere:
- Fairy lights: turn your garden into a land of magic and romance for evening events with strings of fairy lights. You can have them trailing around the edges of canopies, or hung around your trees and foliage.
- Table flowers: if you’re setting up tables at your event, choose flowers as centre-pieces that match those that are growing in your garden.
- Bunting: patterned bunting adds a summery, street-party charm to an event, perfect for an afternoon tea!
- Candles: there’s nothing more romantic than setting out candles under a starry sky. Remember to be cautious around open flames: dropping some lit tea light candles into jars is a safer option than bare candles, and it’s best to avoid using any candles if there are children or pets around.
Keep things safe
There are a few ways you can make your outdoor space safer for an event. First of all, make sure to cover slippery, muddy ground to make sure no one falls, and place a cover over any ponds or water features that people may accidentally trip into. You should also keep BBQs supervised – especially when little ones are around! – and be sure that any cooking implements, such as knives, are kept somewhere safe.
Having parties and dinners in your garden is a great way to get everyone outside and make some brilliant memories! Just remember that preparation is key, and have a back-up plan for a change in the weather. After that, you can enjoy choosing your favourite garden party decoration ideas and looking forward to hosting the event of the summer!