- Make a baking soda and water paste for minor rust.
- Spray vinegar on more stubborn rust.
- Leave your paste or vinegar to soak for 15 minutes.
- For removable parts such as a rusty bike chain, soak them in a bowl of vinegar.
- If natural choices don’t work, try a chemical rust remover.
Your bike might be working perfectly well; but signs of rust on bike chain or any other part left unattended can result in harder-to-remove rust, and worse yet, safety hazards. Follow below our handy step-by-step guide on how to get rid of rust on a bike and how to remove rust from your bike chain. When you’re all done, complete the job and give your bike a general clean!