How to clean a car windscreen, inside and out
Read on to discover our comprehensive guide for how to clean a car windscreen inside and out!
By Cleanipedia Team
Clean the outside first.
Use warm, soapy water to clean the wiper blades.
Use a magic eraser to remove greasy streaks on interior glass.
Try using a homemade glass cleaner of equal parts white vinegar and water.
Always work in a circular motion.
Try polishing your windscreen with newspaper for a streak-free finish.
Out of all the areas to clean in a car, the windscreen is the most important area to get right. Streaks and dirt can obscure the driver's vision and cause unsafe driving, especially in certain light. Read on to discover a complete guide to windscreen cleaning!
Cleaning your car windscreen is only part of the job. For more car cleaning advice check out how to clean a car and how to clean car windows, too!
How to clean a car windscreen: a simple guide to cleaning the outside first
The best way to clean car windscreen is to start with the outside first. Here’s how:
What you need:
Microfibre cloth or newspaper
Glass cleaner, such as Cif
How concerned are you about disinfecting while cleaning?
How to clean your windscreen in six steps:
1. Lift the wiper blades to allow you to clean the entire windscreen.
2. Use water and a soft brush to do an initial rinse to remove excess dirt, grime, insects and more which may have accumulated.
3. Dry the surface with a lint-free towel.
4. Spray the surface with glass cleaner. Ensure you use a smear-free or anti-fog cleaner to get the best results. A homemade alternative to try is a mix of equal parts white vinegar and water.
5. Use a microfibre cloth buff the windscreen. For a streak-free finish, an alternative to use is newspaper. It might sound odd, but it works every time!
6. Always work in a gentle, circular motion until the outside of your windscreen is clean and polished.
You may be tempted to use a sponge when cleaning your car windscreen, but resist the temptation as they are designed to scrub and could cause damage to your windscreen. Just use our suggested method and tools and you'll see the road stretching out for miles ahead of you in no time!