Key steps to fighting bathroom mould:
When cleaning mould on a bathroom ceiling, remember these steps:
- Use Domestos Thick Bleach and water to remove marks.
- Spray white vinegar to kill the mould.
- Wash down the wall before letting it dry thoroughly.
Warm and damp: bathrooms are the ideal breeding ground for mould and bacteria. Pesky black spots can ruin paint and turn your space from dazzling to drab in a matter of days - that's why cleaning mould on the bathroom ceiling and other surfaces is essential. We’ve got all the tips you need to do it properly.
How to get rid of mould on the bathroom ceiling
The first step to cleaning mould from a bathroom ceiling is to find a product that really works, like Domestos Thick Bleach.
Before using any new product, make sure you test it on a small area first. Then it's time to learn how to remove mould from the ceiling:
- Create a mixture of Domestos Thick Bleach and water, using a spray or sponge to apply it to the mould patches in your bathroom.
- Wash down the area with water.
- Apply white vinegar with a spray bottle (vinegar will kill the mould, while bleach removes the marks left by mould).
- Wait 1 hour before cleaning the area with water.
- Leave to dry thoroughly - ventilate the room to help remove fumes too. You can also use a fan or hair dryer to speed up the process.
How to prevent mould on the bathroom ceiling
Once you’ve learnt how to remove mould from a bathroom ceiling, it’s time to make sure those black patches never come back. Here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep good air circulation by opening doors and windows - particularly after hot showers or baths.
- Wipe down wet walls after showers.
- Use an anti-mould paint or coating for problem walls.
- Use a dehumidifier to keep moisture in the air from creating damp walls.
- Wipe down your walls with white vinegar whenever you see mould starting to appear.
Once you know how to keep mould from ceiling areas and walls for good, you’ll never have to deal with annoying dark patches again! Remember, prevention is the key, so always stay one step ahead and you’ll reclaim your bathroom in no time. Check out more of our mould tips to clean the rest of your home!