The entrance to your home is the first thing that guests will see, so you want it to make the right impact. Whether big or small, use the space you have to really get some jaw-dropping factors into your décor. Many people don’t think too much about hallway décor ideas when doing up their home, but hall decoration can be the key to a well-finished look.
Has your cleaning regime changed during the Covid-19 lockdown?
Entrance hall ideas for houses of any size
- Atmospheric lighting: this is key for hall decoration. No one wants stark, bright lightening when coming into the home. Opt instead for softer hues which create a welcoming atmosphere.
- Plants: no entrance hall décor is finished without plants. Choose which to have according to the amount of light and heat in your home.
- Statement art: if you’re looking for easy hallway ideas, there’s nothing better than hanging up some art. For larger spaces go for one big piece. In smaller homes, a collection of miniature frames works well.
- A patterned wall: add a splash of colour with a patterned wall. This is one of the more modern entrance hall decorating ideas and it really will give your home an updated feel.
- Integrate storage: most entrance halls need to store coats and shoes. Make sure you have the space to do so by integrating some storage into your designs.
- Use a stair runner: this is a great option if you have a staircase in the entrance hall. Runners add depth and interest.
- An oversized mirror: if what you need are small entrance hall ideas, look no further than an oversized mirror. These add light and depth to any room and are great for making space feel bigger.
- Family photos: one of the most loved entrance hall decorating ideas for houses of any size is to put up family photos. Chose your favourites and frame in line with the décor.
- Avoid clutter: clutter is no good whatever the size of your home. Keep necessary items handy in a cupboard or on shelves.
- Textiles: rugs, cushions and throws are all great modern hallway ideas. Choose colourful ones to brighten up a neutral look.
These are our top entrance hall ideas for decorating yours, whatever its size. With a bit of creativity and imagination you’ll be able to create a stunning entrance to your home.
As everyone goes in and out of the entrance hall at all times – and sometimes without any lights on – it’s important to ensure there are no obvious trip hazards or sharp corners. Avoid any slippery surfaces too, as they could cause falls!