Running out of space to store all of your beauty items? You can make a DIY dressing table in a couple of hours and have plenty of room for makeup and accessories! Here we give you dressing table ideas, from a guide to DIY makeup dressing table construction to our favourite makeup storage ideas.
How to build a makeup table
Building a makeup table is a significant undertaking, but it can be a pretty fun project. Here are a few things to consider when it comes to makeup table ideas:
- If you’re handy at carpentry, you could design your own makeup table exactly as you want it.
- Conversely, if woodwork’s not your thing, there are lots of flat-pack makeup table kits available that are just as good!
- If you don’t have time to make something from scratch, why not upcycle a vintage makeup table? A lick of paint, some gold leafing or varnish can give pieces a whole new lease of life.
Makeup organisation ideas: our favourite makeup storage tips
Now that you know the options to create your very own DIY makeup vanity table, how are you going to arrange everything in it? It’s worth getting a bit of inspiration and makeup dressing table ideas when it comes to the storage and arrangement of your makeup items too:
- If you’re building your own makeup table you have the luxury of designing it exactly as you prefer, so consider the number of drawers that you need, the amount of workspace and whether to build in mirrors.
- Some people like to organise their makeup by item - dedicating one drawer for each item, for example.
- Alternatively, you could separate things depending on the look. For example, having different collections for day/evening wear and more adventurous designs.
- Be sure to keep dirty makeup brushes and other things that are due a clean separated from the fresh stuff. Makeup brushes should be cleaned at least monthly, so it’s worth making sure you have a system to distinguish what’s been cleaned and what’s due.
Finish off the décor with a beautifully scented candle or flowers to make this space your little haven.
If you’re cutting any wood to build your own makeup table from scratch, make sure you use the appropriate protective gear to avoid any injuries.