Making a colourful mess is fun! But having to clean the room afterwards is not as exciting.
If you’ve just celebrated a festival day like Holi, or if you and your family practiced your artistic skills and added a bit of colour to your home with powder paint, then there is invariably more work to be done in and around the house.
Apart from doing laundry, making the beds, washing the dishes and cleaning the floors, you now have to go the extra mile! Never fear, because Cleanipedia is near. And we’ve got just the remedy to put you at ease. Start by recruiting a few extra hands by roping the kids in and the cleaning will be sorted in no time.
Powder paint stains on clothes
If your kids have stained their clothes, don’t worry mum and dad – we’ve got it all sorted.
· Lightly vacuum the powder paint from the fabric and rinse with cold water.
· Soak the item for 10 -15 minutes in hot water and wash with OMO Auto Concentrated Capsules. OMO capsules have been proven to remove the toughest stains and get clothes clean easier and more efficiently, so that you don’t have to end up doing all the hard graft.
· If the clothing is white and the stain is still showing, soak the item in Domestos Thick Bleach for 1 hour after the first wash.
· After drying, preferably in full sun, repeat the wash by again using OMO capsules.
Powder paint stains on carpets
Oh no, kids, even the carpet is stained! Your precious carpet is now as colourful as the rainbow nation. Not to worry though. With the following carpet cleaning tips, your carpet will be clean in a jiffy, just in time for the next guests to arrive – or – before dad gets home!
· Form a paste with bicarbonate of soda and water. Apply the paste directly to the stain.
· Allow the baking soda to dry and vacuum the affected area.
· Dip a kitchen sponge in alcohol and gently blot the stain, working from the outer edges toward the centre.
· While blotting, keep in mind that the sponge will absorb the stain so keep on squeezing it out and turning it to make sure you use a clean surface.
· Now, flush the stain with cold water and allow the area to dry.
Clean clothes, check! Clean carpet, check!