We use dishwashing soap just about every day. But have you ever thought of making your own DIY dishwashing liquid? If you want to save money, reduce waste, and ensure chemical-free cleaning products in your home, it’s time to learn how to make homemade dishwashing liquid with simple DIY dishwashing liquid ingredients.
Homemade dishwashing liquid ingredients
First thing’s first: what are the DIY dishwashing liquid ingredients that you’ll need? There are a few different methods and recipes to make DIY dishwashing liquid. We recommend making homemade dish soap with essential oils for incredible natural benefits and amazing aroma. Make sure you have the following homemade dishwashing liquid ingredients before you begin:
- Baking soda or washing soda
- Grated soap (pure soap)
- Lavender oil
- Lemon essential oil
Once you have these DIY dishwashing liquid ingredients, you will be ready to make your homemade dishwashing liquid!
How to make dishwashing liquid at home
Follow these steps on how to make homemade dishwashing liquid with ease:
- Add your washing soda or baking soda into a bowl with the grated soap. The grated soap is essential, since it helps to add texture.
- Heat water to a boil and pour it into the bowl of washing soda and grated soap.
- Whisk the mixture until it is blended thoroughly. Add more of the grated soap to alter the texture of your homemade dishwashing liquid.
- Add a few drops of lemon and lavender essential oil. Lemon is a fantastic natural disinfectant, while lavender is antibacterial.
How to store DIY dishwashing liquid
Now that you know how to make dishwashing liquid at home, discover how best you can store it. Allow your mixture to cool and then pour it into a squirt bottle or glass bottle with a pump. You can then wash and clean your dishes by hand just as you normally would. And if you want to know the best tips for how to clean dishes by hand, check out this article!
If you do decide to alternate between dishwashing liquid DIY-style and brand products, you’ll want to make sure the brand you choose is of top quality, such as Sunlight.
Learning how to make dishwashing liquid at home has never been easier. Make dishwashing that much more enjoyable with the benefits – and smell! – of homemade dish soap with essential oils. Now,you can enjoy homemade, chemical-free dish soap in no time!