The ultimate kitchen essentials list of equipment
There’s nothing worse than cooking a homemade meal and realizing halfway through that you’re missing an essential cooking utensil. Suddenly, your idea of a delicious home-cooked dinner with your family or friends goes right out the kitchen window! To avoid this, here’s Cleanipedia’s ultimate kitchen tools and equipment list.
When it comes to cooking, there are certain items that no kitchen can live without. Starting with a basic kitchen utensils list to a full list of cooking tools and equipment, let Cleanipedia walk you through all the kitchen must-haves. Let’s get cooking!
The ultimate kitchen tools and equipment list
First thing’s first: your basic kitchen utensils. It’s so important that your kitchen is stocked with all the cutlery you and your family need to cook and enjoy meals at home. Here is our recommended basic kitchen utensils list:
- Chef’s knives
- Forks, spoons, knives (for eating with)
- Cooking spoons
- Serving spoons and forks
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Vegetable peeler
Now that you have your basic kitchen utensils in order, it’s time to start going through your list of cooking tools and equipment. From pots and pans to cutting boards to colanders, many things make a kitchen tick. We’ve narrowed down the top 10 kitchen must-haves here:
- Cutting board: When cutting your vegetables and ingredients before cooking, you’ll want a good quality cutting board on hand. We recommend a wooden board to chop your ingredients.
- Grater: Sometimes a recipe calls for a little less chopping and a little more grating. Whether it be for freshly grated parmesan, garlic, or onions, a grater is definitely up there on the list of kitchen essentials.
- Mixing bowls: And what point would there be in having the tools to chop and cut your ingredients if you can’t mix them? Stock your kitchen with all the mixing bowls you’ll need for different recipes.
- Pots and pans: Once your ingredients are mixed, you’ll need plenty of pots and pans to cook them in. Make sure that you have a full range of pans and skillets for roasting or sautéing veggies, as well as pots to cook fabulous pasta dishes.
- Towels and potholders: Every kitchen should have towels and potholders to help the cooking and serving process move along with ease. Not to mention, potholders can also make for cute kitchen décor.
- Colander: When whipping up a pasta dish, don’t forget to check that you have a colander at the ready. There’s nothing worse than finishing up with your pasta only to find that your kitchen lacks a colander to drain the pasta water.
- Serving platter: When it comes to dinner parties or family meals, presentation is often the finishing touch to what will surely be a wonderful meal. That’s why a serving platter is so important when serving food to family or guests. Ideally, you’ll want a salad dish, a pasta dish, and a large platter for any meat or fish dishes.
- Blender: This kitchen tool can often be overlooked, but you’d be surprised just how essential a blender is. From morning smoothies to homemade sauces to hearty soups, don’t forget to include a blender on your kitchen tools and equipment list.
- Tupperware: Ensure that you have the proper post-cooking tools to make clean-up and food storage that much easier. Stock your kitchen with a range of Tupperware, from small containers to hold fresh fruit or leftover sauce to large ones that will store meat, fish, and pasta. Remember that Tupperware is key to an organized, decluttered kitchen.
- Aluminium foil, saran wrap: Last, but not least, on your list of cooking tools and equipment, don’t forget aluminium foil and saran wrap to preserve your leftovers. These essentials will help maintain the delish taste of your food so that you can enjoy homemade meals throughout the entire week.
There you have it: your kitchen essentials list, equipment to always have on hand, and tools to help store and organize your leftover meals. Now that you know the list of cooking tools and equipment to stock your kitchen with, it’s time to get cooking.
For information on how to clean and sanitize your kitchen must-haves, continue reading Cleanipedia!