Wondering how to get rid of house lizards naturally? Here’s how to get them to leave without harming them:
- Fill small, porous sachets with scents lizards hate like garlic, coffee and tobacco, or chilli powder and place them around your home.
- Remove thick bushes and water sources from your garden to remove lizard food sources: insects!
- Sick of lizards invading your home? You're not the only one! Let us help you get rid of these household nuisances with a few simple, and humane, methods.
How to get rid of house lizards with natural ingredients
There are plenty of ways you can get rid of lizards in your home without causing them harm. Try one of these natural solutions:
- Eggshells. Lizards hate the eggy smell so just pop a few old eggshells around areas in your home and garden where lizards are likely to be.
- Coffee. The strong smell of coffee might be irresistible to us but not to lizards. Mix with tobacco powder for the ultimate solution to get rid of lizards at home.
- Garlic. Another strong scent that lizards hate, leave a few cloves in areas where they can enter your home to deter them.
- Chilli powder. Leave porous bags of dried chilli around your rooms to get rid of lizards with another strong smell.
If you want to know how to get a lizard out of your house, these methods should work! Test a few out to find your best method.
How to get rid of lizards in the yard
Keep lizards away by getting rid of their food source: the other insects in your garden. Do this with simple garden maintenance:
- Remove the cover of thick bushes and logs where lizards and insects can shelter.
- Remove water sources that can attract all sorts of wildlife.
- Seal any little areas, like the underside of a shed, where lizards can crawl and hide.
How to get rid of lizards permanently (by cleaning!)
Tackling food sources and using strong scents might deter lizards, but what if you need to know how to get rid of a house gecko or keep all lizards at bay? Simple home cleaning could be the answer:
- Keep your home clean with quality products like Domestos Thick Bleach so that you’re not attracting lizards.
- Close any gaps between your windows and walls to make your property less accessible to lizards.
- Call in the professionals to get rid of lizards permanently if you have a large infestation or other methods haven't been successful.
Once you know how to get rid of lizards. you’ll feel far more comfortable in your home.