Car cleaning requires time, patience, and specific materials. Here is a step-by-step guide to cleaning your car, inside and out:
Car Cleaning Tips: The Interior
Deal with the interior of your car first. You’ll need the following car cleaning products:
- Shampoo (for fabric seats only)
- Leather cleaner and conditioner (for leather seats only)
- Protectant (for the dashboard only)
- Detergent (for the pedals)
- A handheld vacuum
Once you’ve got your materials together, the process is fairly simple:
- Read the instructions on the labels of each product before starting to clean.
- Then, shampoo cloth seat covers lightly to remove grime and absorbed liquid. Take extra care dealing with leather seats, and always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Swab the dashboard and clean the pedals.
- Vacuum the whole interior with your handheld vacuum.
Now you can get ready to wash the outside of your car!