- For synthetic carpets, fill the dent with ice cubes.
- Leave overnight.
- Blot away excess water.
- For natural carpets use a steam iron.
- You can also use water and a hairdryer.
- Alternatively, use a wet tea towel and iron.
- Always use a soft-bristled brush to fluff the fibres after.
The only problem with moving furniture around in your home is that it reveals the dents left by table legs, chair legs and more in the carpet. If you want to leave your carpets looking fresh and neat, this article will give tips and advice on how to get furniture marks out of carpet quickly and get rid of tell-tale dents and marks.
How to get furniture dents out of carpet: An easy guide to remove carpet dents fast
If you’re wondering how to get dents out of carpet, we’ve got you covered! Read on for our simple guide to remove furniture dents from carpet quickly and easily.
1. For synthetic carpets such as polyester, nylon or olefin; follow these steps:
- Fill each dent with ice cubes.
- Leave the ice overnight.
- The ice will melt and the carpet will swell with the water, removing the dent.
- Gently blot the area with a clean, dry cloth to remove excess water.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to fluff up the carpet once it is dry.
2. For natural carpets such as wool, sisal or cotton; follow this guide:
- Use a steam iron.
- Fill the iron with water, place it on the highest heat setting and allow it to heat up.
- Hold the iron around 10-15cm from the carpet.
- Never press an iron directly onto the carpet.
- Steam the dents until the fibres are wet and hot.
- Leave it to dry overnight.
- Use a soft-bristle brush to ruffle the fibres and bring them back to their normal shape.
3. If you don’t have a steam iron; you can also remove dents from natural carpets following these steps:
- Spray the marks with water.
- Use a hair dryer on the highest setting.
- Apply heat from around 10-15cm away until the carpet feels warm.
- Alternatively, lay a wet tea towel over the dent and iron over the tea towel.
- Once the carpet is dry, use a soft-bristle brush to ruffle the fibres.
4. If all this attention on the carpet has brought a few stains to your notice, why notread this article for stain and odour removal tips, so you can really perfect your carpet?
Now you know how to remove furniture marks from carpet, you can leave your home looking fresh and neat. If you’re moving house, get advice for end of tenancy cleaning here, and get living in your new place off to a flying start with our new home cleaning strategy here!