Bathroom Cleaning Tips, Tricks & Hacks
When it comes to cleaning the bathroom, we’re all guilty of one thing: procrastination. After all, it can be tedious and time-consuming. But it needs to be done, so we’ve compiled several bathroom cleaning tips to make it easy for you.
How Often Should A Bathroom Be Cleaned?
When it comes to your bathroom cleaning routine, the rule of thumb is: at least once a week at the minimum. But, there are a few things to consider when creating your bathroom cleaning routine. Like how often you use your bathroom and whether you have kids who use it too
Your bathroom is where bacteria love to live. So it’s the place you want to keep clean the most frequently. E. Coli loves living in your sink and within six feet of your toilet. To keep the bacteria away, disinfect your toilet and sink at least twice a week, more if you have kids, and bathtub at least twice monthly.
Should You Clean Your Toilet Every Day?
Yes. But can you? Sometimes life is coming at us so fast that we can barely manage to keep ourselves clean – and bathroom cleaning becomes a low priority. However, even cleaning your bathroom once a week can be enough.
For all you mums and dads who want to keep the germs away from your little ones, clean it daily. It can be easily done within no time if you use a hardy toilet cleaner, like Domestos Thick Bleach.
How To Clean the Bathroom
Our bathroom cleaning tips make it shine all day. Below are four of our favourite bathroom cleaning hacks:
1. Our first tip is for getting rid of mildew. If you want your bathroom to look clean and smell nice, it’s time to get rid of the mildew. Yes, it’s possible to keep your toilet smelling fresh and clean!
Bathtubs and showers tend to collect mildew, and it can be almost impossible to remove. The best way to clean a bath is to mix a quarter cup of bleach, such as Domestos, with six glasses of warm water, then scrub off the mildew with a dish brush. Be sure to rinse it thoroughly afterwards.
2. Different types of bacteria live in your bathroom and can endanger your health. An easy and convenient way of getting rid of germs and bacteria is to use antibacterial wipes on high-touch areas. Use wipes that kill 99% of germs on the toilet seat and flush handle, sink faucet, and doorknobs.
3. Your bathtub is a place to keep clean because it’s where you keep yourself clean too. Make bathtime a pleasure again – follow our tips on how to clean your tub, and you'll soon be able to relax & unwind in comfort!
Here’s a trick: coat your bathtub with antibacterial liquid or cream soap by spreading it with a stiff-bristled, long-handled brush (so you don’t hurt your back). Then turn on the shower and rinse off with hot water until no traces of soap remain. You can use Handy Andy Cream cleaners.
4. Vinegar makes your showerhead shine. Fill a plastic bag halfway with white vinegar and place it over your showerhead. Secure the bag by tying it tightly around the showerhead, then let it soak for at least 30 minutes. Afterwards, rinse it with water.
5. A dryer sheet is your best friend for removing stubborn soap scum in your tub. You can remove soap scum from your glass shower doors and shower tiles with a damp dryer sheet. Just wet it with water. Tile grout is also a breeze to get through. Read more about how to remove soap scum from your shower.
Cleaning your bathroom is a chore, but it doesn’t have to feel like it. You can tackle all your bathroom cleaning needs with ease using our tips, tricks, and hacks.