- Use vinegar and water to clean windows.
- Descale your coffee maker with a vinegar cycle.
- Keep flowers fresh for longer.
- Clean your fridge and remove odours.
- A drop of vinegar will help steam your carpets clean.
Vinegar is not only good for recipes it’s also an excellent solution for cleaning. From washing vegetables to cleaning the fridge and even doing the laundry, vinegar usesare many – and it’s a great asset when it comes to household chores. Read on to discover white vinegar benefits, and how can you include this ingredient in your cleaning routine.
Easy, natural cleaning: vinegar the magical ingredient
Using white vinegar for cleaningis so much easier than you might think. Here are our top tips for using vinegar to cleanyour home, getting your household chores done with ease.
- Use white vinegar as a disinfectantin your laundry. One cup of vinegar added to the rinse cycle of your washing is a great way to kill off bacteria and remove the smell from your clothes.
- The perfect window and mirror cleaner. All you need is a spray bottle and a mix of equal parts white vinegar and water. For the best results, spray directly onto your windows or mirrors and use newspaper instead of a cloth for a clean, streak-free finish.
- Need to descale and clean out your coffee maker?Run a normal cycle using vinegar instead of water. Just be sure to run 2 – 3 cycles with clean, plain water after to rinse out the taste of vinegar, so it doesn’t end up in your coffee!
- Keep the flowers in your vase fresh for longer. 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and 2 tablespoons of sugar will help cut flowers look their best for longer!
- Clean out your microwave and remove grime with ease. 1 cup of water with ¼ cup of white vinegar creates the perfect solution to clean out your microwave. Heat it on full power until you see steam forming on the window. Now all you need to do is wipe away the grime!
- Stop scum build up in your shower.Dip a sponge in white vinegar and use it to wipe down shower doors. This will protect the doors from the usual build-up of scum that happens over time.
- Looking for a natural way to clean your fridge and remove odours?Vinegar is the perfect solution! Soak stubborn stains on fridge shelves in vinegar, or simply use undiluted vinegar to wipe down the interior of your fridge – for more tips, read our article on fridge cleaning.
- Safely clean down chopping boards.We all want to be able to use natural alternatives when it comes to the areas we prepare food on, so why not use vinegar? It’s not only natural but also has antibacterial properties.
- Steam your carpets good as new!Create your own carpet cleaner by adding a drop of vinegar to the water in the steamer you use to clean your carpets. Vinegar can also be used to rinse areas with coffee, tea and even wine stains!
- Stop a stinky sink!Create a sink rinse using 1 cup of boiling water, 1 cup of vinegar and ½ cup of baking soda. Leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing out with boiling water and you’ll have a smell-free sink.
Now you know exactly what cleaning with vinegarcan do for your home, with our top 10 vinegar uses. Baking soda is another great natural ingredient, check out our article on different cleaning uses for baking soda.